Thursday 22 March 2012

Japanese Flowers

can I just say that I never cease to be amazed at the beauty of the crochet Japanese Flower. The are whimsical and sweet and the possibilities are endless. I have been itching to try them, but always thought they were too complicated. However Revlie has this lovely Tutorial to get anyone started and Sue (who made those beautiful pink flowers in the picture underneath) explains the variation that I like the most in great detail here, so no more encouragement was needed :-)



I have bought the yarn - I know I know ... breaking my 'no more buying yarn' fasting for Lent -, but it was so beautiful and there was no guarantee that it would still be available in those colours after Easter. It is a cotton/acrylic mix thus giving it the clean edge I think is necessary for this kind of crocheting.



I have been looking for a project and the coming winter provided me with the perfect excuse - a scarf that consists of 2 rows of flowers for my little daughter. I initially only bought the purples and white, but then went back and got the pinks and aqua as well. It just increases the amount of different combinations and I can't wait to get started.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)