Monday 9 April 2012

Skirts, glorious skirts

I went to the most recent Spotlight Sale with one objective: fabric for skirts. I have to admit though that I find fabric stores a bit overwhelming, but at least in Spotlight there is no sales person who lingers. I spent 2 hours in the store and I am actually really pleased with what I found :-)

For the A-line skirt I have a Japanese Cotton with butterflies. I did see this fabric before in the quilting section and walked away (after having read people's opinions on quilting fabrics for clothes), but Gertie was discussing Japanese Cottons a while back and found them suitable for clothes, so hopefully it'll work out.



I also picked up some blue Hawaiian flowers (it might need some white cotton as lining though as it is pretty see-through otherwise).



For the straight skirt I have a thickish cotton (it is autumn here) with a tad of spandex for stretch and there is quite a lot of it, so it is entirely possible that there is enough leftover to make a slim A-line skirt afterwards.



For the Simplicity skirt with a flare, I have a cream corduroy that has a bit of a stretch



and this lovely red fabric (although it might need lining). I have to go back to Spotlight though and check what sort of fabric it is (whether it is washable), because I just saw it as I was waiting on the check-out :-)



I have another piece of fabric that I fell in love with in the remnants bin, but I don't think there will be enough for a skirt so I will do these skirts and then see whether I can somehow make this into a passable (mini-ish) skirt. If not, it'll be a pillow case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)