Sunday 24 June 2012

Baby, it's cold inside

no that is not a typo, I meant to say inside not outside. Outside it is a balmy 19 degrees (Celsius) and a light breeze. Inside it is a not so balmy 11 and my hands are shivering whilst typing (note to self: get some fingerless gloves).

The only heated room in the house is kid's bedroom, so not a lot of sewing has been happening since the sewing machine lives in the dining room and that is the coldest room in the house (currently measuring at 9 degrees Celsius).

Instead I have been knitting and crocheting in the kid's bedroom. One blue ruffle scarf to replace a rather ratty looking one a bought 5 years ago.



It looks a bit feather-boa-ish, but is snugly warm and it is the first time I have knitted with 'novelty' yarn. I have been knitting for years, but I have never been very adventurous so I essentially I just stuck to the garter stitch and that was it. Last year I made myself learn how to purl and surprisingly the world did not end and I quite enjoyed learning something new. I still prefer to crochet, but I do like to knit occasionally - variety is the spice of life and all that :-)

2 comments:

  1. My goodness! I do hope heat makes it to the rest of the house soon. In the meantime, if you want to crochet fingerless mitterns, here's a quick and easy pattern. I made them last year and love them. That is scarf is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Jennifer ! Where did you find the scarf pattern ? I think I've tracked down the wool but not a pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)