Friday 1 June 2012

last post about MMM

To finish the Me-Made-May with the difference I made myself (nothing earth-shattering I know) a cushion. It's cuddly and lovely, and stripey :-)


It made from the quilting cotton 'A Stitch in Color' by Moda. It is very vibrant and the collection has some really nice bold colour choices in it. It's designed by Malka Dubrawsky (Blog here ) and I really had to hold myself back and only buy enough for a pillow. A big 'thank you' to Lori of Girls in the Garden who found out the name of the collection for me.

It's the first time I attempted anything resembling patchwork and I am not sure I am suited for it. I don't think I am precise enough in the cutting and sewing process :-) The back illustrates it very well.


It was meant to be an envelope style, but I didn't have enough stripes cut for the back. Somehow the swirly fabric was shorter then the rest and the pillow I had was larger, so I inserted an invisible zipper instead. Of course the stripes then didn't match up, but I had to call off my inner perfectionist and tell myself 'It's a cushion, nobody will care about a mismatched stripe'

now it is definitely time for the pyjama pants :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)