Wednesday 26 September 2012

Sewing is contagious - the sequel

Well, I haven't posted much this past month, because my baby sister has been visiting us from Vienna. We did a lot of touristy things, but she also got intrigued with the sewing machine (note to self: must really name the sewing machine otherwise she'll feel like she doesn't belong).

So after finishing the Dolman Sleeve Top, we went to Spotlight and she chose some blue seersucker and set to making her some PJ pants. She originally wanted to make a tunic, but I had no patterns here and she found the free one we printed out a little daunting.

It was fun and a little easier then with my son, because a, she didn't need a step under the foot pedal and b, her attention span was longer.



Why yes, I have started her on the bad habit of using ordinary pink chalk to trace. I have pointed out to her the various other pens and chalks I have and that for some reason or another I always seem to go back to the chalk.


The pattern came from the Sew Everything book and was for Yoga Pants originally. It was a fun thing to do. I did point out my lack of expertise, but we really did have a good time. She seemed to like the sewing (and tracing and ironing) and we shall see whether she'll go as far as purchasing her own machine (and iron). Sadly there is no finished picture - as I am getting old apparently I forgot to take one, so I leave you with a picture of another visitor to Tangalooma - an Australian Pelican (the largest species on the pelicans).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)