Wednesday 20 February 2013

creativity needs to be encouraged

I have a confession to make. I have quite a few projects that I have been trying to get to and then I get distracted by something shiny. Take this one for example. Last year my son came home rather excited. He had finally finished his embroidery project and couldn't wait to show everyone.. I was beside myself, because embroidery and my son were not 2 words I would have imagined to put together in a sentence ever, so yeay for this unexpected surprise.


In order to preserve this great work of art, I offered to make a pillow out of it and we went to Spotlight the next day to choose the fabric and the pillow. He finally settled on some dark green drill and then he waited and waited and waited, so this morning I finally decided enough is enough and quickly got to it. Who knows what his next creative project will be and when ... :-)


2 comments:

  1. You're a good Mum supporting your son's creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so lovely, and you will treasure it forever. He has an artist's eye for colour and placement :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)