Tuesday 15 April 2014

Good Karma: Finishing off somebody else's UFO

Every now and then I look at my stash and wonder what would happen if I'd get injured or sick and couldn't do any sewing or knitting or crocheting anymore ... anyways my friend's granny is a lovely 85 year old lady who always has a smile and some jelly beans in her kitchen for any kids that might drop by. She won awards for her quilts, knitted and crocheted beautiful pieces for all her grand and great-grand children, but it all got harder in the last few years. One little granny square knee rug never got finished, so I grabbed some yarn that she had given me a couple of years ago and here it is:



I blocked it with steam as it is acrylic and I was petrified the whole time that I would ruin it, but I didn't accidentally drop the iron and melt the whole thing, so yeay me. It's not truly square, but much better then before, so I call this a win.




Hopefully she'll like it :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure she will love it - she will probably be deeply touched that someone finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely thing to do, I'm sure she'll be really glad that it is completed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's sweet you finished it for her - well done! My late Mum crocheted rugs for both my children & now at ages 32 & almost 30, they still have them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to hear what you think, but do try to be nice as this is what I do for fun and enjoyment :-)